Online advertising is one of the best ways to reach the public. If you want to boost your business through online advertising on music streaming platforms such as Spotify and Youtube Music, get in touch to receive the best services taking into account your needs and objectives.
What is online advertising?
Online advertising is a strategy used to digital marketing for the dissemination of products and services and also to influence the hiring of services or purchase of products through advertisements on the internet.
The internet has grown exponentially since its inception, and it can even be said that, in many cases, not being present on the internet is as if it didn't exist.
Unlike traditional/offline ads, online ads allow you to target a specific demographic such as a certain generation, gender, geographic region, or targeting based on historical data such as past activity. Online advertisements are also interactive, which means that the user can respond to an advertisement through actions such as clicking and visiting your website.
Types of Online Advertising
- PPC/SEA – advertising that appears in search engines where you only pay for each click;
- Blog/Content Marketing – online advertising in a more editorial way, with useful articles for the reader;
- Display/Banner – advertisements located in strategic areas of web pages;
- Mobile – designed to be viewed on mobile phones;
- Advertising on Social Media – advertising within social networks, many of these platforms offer ad managers, like Facebook;
- Affiliates – Affiliate advertisements, or also known as affiliate marketing – refer to when a website promotes another company's advertisements in exchange for a commission on each acquired lead that turns into a real sale;
- Video Ads – advertising that uses video and streaming platforms to disseminate content;
- Audio Ads – advertising that may appear on podcasts or music streaming platforms;
- Remarketing – allows you to create ads for users who have already visited your website and have not converted.
These are some of the various types of online advertising, if you want more information, get in touch!
Online Advertising on Spotify
What is Spotify?
Spotify is a digital platform that gives instant access to millions of songs, podcasts, videos and other content from creators around the world. Use the Spotify as an advertising medium It can be an excellent marketing strategy because it allows you to reach a large part of the public, as they are already tuned in to their favorite songs and cannot skip the advertisement.~
Advertising Formats on Spotify
On Spotify there are several ways to make an announcement that engages listeners and is not too intrusive, such as:
This type of ad is the most popular on Spotify and allows you to reach active listeners at any time of the day. These ads are produced between songs, when the audience is most receptive, as Spotify has customer data that allows it to produce the ad at the right time.
Video ads appear whenever the user is in the app and can see your app screen, so you can be sure that someone will watch your video.
This type of ad is based on videos and allows the user to unlock 30 minutes of uninterrupted music in exchange for watching the ad until the end.
This ad format allows you to maximize awareness with exclusive sponsorship of the most popular playlists owned and operated by Spotify.
How much does a Spotify advertising campaign cost?
The cost of a campaign on Spotify depends on the type of ad and the number of interactions, as the price is defined by the number of impressions or clicks. There is, however, a minimum initial investment of €250.
If you want to create a campaign on Spotify and understand how much it will cost, get in touch!
Tips for Advertising on Spotify
To run a good advertising campaign on Spotify you must:
- Combine the power of audio and video ads because campaigns using both formats work well.
- Design your video ads for mobile because most of Spotify's video ads run on mobile.
- Mention your brand name audibly even when you're creating video ads, because Spotify is a platform where people listen.
- Choose the correct targeting option. Consider users' location, age, gender, and music preferences before serving ads.
- Use ad images that showcase your brand at work. Images must be clear and audiences must be able to immediately understand what your brand does.
- Put your listeners first.
- Keep the audio script between 55-70 words maximum and divide it into different components.
- Include a direct call to action in your ads because ads with a direct call to action have 3X higher click-through rates.
- Talk about exclusive sales and mention promo codes in your ad because a sense of urgency persuades people to take immediate action.
- Avoid shouting and create a kind of conversation with the user.
Online Advertising on Youtube Music
What is Youtube Music?
O Youtube Music is a music streaming platform created by Google, since many people used YouTube to listen to music. Like Spotify, this platform has a premium plan where you can listen to music without ads, but it is important to keep in mind that most users do not subscribe to these paid plans.
Youtube Music Advertising Formats
Like Spotify, Youtube Music also has several advertising options:
These videos can be skipped after five seconds of the ad playing and are accompanied by an advertising banner on the right side of the desktop screen. Advertisers only pay for the ad if users watch it for at least 30 seconds, watch an entire short video, or interact with the ad in some way.
Video Discovery Ads
These video ads appear in search results on YouTube and next to related videos. These types of ads are unobtrusive and relevant to the user's search query. Like the previous option, advertisers only pay for the ad if users watch it for at least 30 seconds, watch an entire short video, or interact with the ad in some way.
TrueView for Reach
These ads are optimized for broad reach across large audiences and are charged on a cost per thousand impressions basis.
Non-skippable video ads
These ads are 15 to 20 seconds long and cannot be skipped and must be viewed before playing YouTube music.
These ads last around six seconds and cannot be skipped, they usually appear before a song plays.
Display ads appear in the top-right corner of a video, just above video suggestions.
Video In-Feed Ads
In-feed video ads appear where users discover new content, such as in YouTube search results, next to related YouTube videos, or on the mobile YouTube homepage.
A masthead video ad automatically plays without sound for up to 30 seconds and appears at the top of the YouTube home feed.
This new audio format has been limited to select brands in a testing phase since late 2019. Since the announcement in November 2020, audio ads have remained in a global open beta. Audio ads only appear on music or podcast content. Video ads, on the other hand, can be placed across multiple categories, playlists, and channels.
How much does a YouTube Music advertising campaign cost?
The cost of a YouTube Music campaign depends on the type of ad and the number of interactions, as the price is defined by the number of impressions or clicks, just like on Spotify.
Tips for Advertising on Youtube Music
- Define your metrics and objectives;
- Use a custom thumbnail image;
- Get people to buy with cards;
- Create calls to action;
- Create a final image to drive viewers to your channel, promote your social media, or increase interest in your brand.
- Use negative remarketing, that is, define unique users;
- Use closed captions to meet viewers' needs and wants.
If you are interested in advertising your business on Spotify or Youtube Music, contact André Craveiro – Marketing consultant and receive a personalized service tailored to your goals.